Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Washington Vacation!


Despite the 14 hour drive--our trip to Washington was wonderful! We were blessed with perfect weather! ( a little humid) We spent time with my Grandma and Grandpa. The kids had so much fun swimming in the creek--that is all Zach wanted to do the whole time we were there! We took a ferry from Bremerton to Seattle and spent a hot and hectic day seeing Seattle sights! We went to Northwest Trek--which is a wildlife preserve--and they preserve their wildlife very well--we saw Caribou, Elk, Fox, Swans, wolves, buffalo, cougars--and much more! One day I spent with my Grandma in the hospital while she underwent a chemo treatment. She could not believe that I would spend one of my vacation days with her in the hospital--and I was just so glad that I could be there! It was awesome to be stuck in a hospital for 6 hours just visiting with grandma and mom! We came home from chemo and had homeade cafe rio salads! Jodi made the dressing and I made the meat--we made a pretty good team because they tasted fantastic! Of course if Jodi was there that means Noah was there too! He is getting so big--and so stinkin' cute--We had a super week---thanks mom and dad for putting up with us! We Love you!

3 comments:

Mindi B said...

That looks like the most heavenly place! I love all the pictures! I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

chandra said...

We love Seattle! We went there for a vacation 2 years ago. Daesha still talks about it every once in awhile. Your family is so stinkin' cute!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

Oh man did that make me home sick! I miss it there so much, and especially all of my friends! Looks like it was a fun vacation. We need to set up a date so we can see all of you. I think we'll be down there the weekend of the 19 and 20th. What are you guys up to then?